Truth: I was brainstorming about what to write last night at 11:30pm. I couldn’t think of much and wanted to sleep soon so I decided to do a 25 facts about me. While this is a usually deviation from what i usually post, I’ll try to talk about health and nutrition things generally.
- I am Korean-American (if you haven’t sensed already from all the Korean food I eat)
- In terms of fruit, I love avocados, durian, watermelon, peach, nectarine, orange, mango and blueberries
- In terms of vegetables, I love Chinese eggplant, sweet potato, Korean/Japanese sweet potato, steamed broccoli, Brussels sprouts
- Other random food items I love: yogurt, almonds, walnuts, pecans, pomegranate, sushi, steak, a well toasted bread, almond milk
- I am not athletic. At all.
- I used to play basketball and tennis.
- However, I prefer to run, do yoga and swim.
- I drink LOTS of water and green tea.
- I sleep on average 6-6.5 hours ok average a night. Need to work on this.
- I am an organized freak. I plan my day to the minute, I have a hard copy study planner that is color coded, I have a color coded iCal, I (usually) have an organized room.
- My favorite running outfit for the winter are my lululemon leggings/Nike legendary leggings plus my new lululemon swift tech long sleeve and asics running shoes
- I HATE weight lifting
- I always stretch before going to bed – usually a hamstring and quad stretch
- I am currently trying to work on my posture and have my chest and legs 90 degrees
- I’ve lost 20lbs over the course of three months naively the summer before high school because I thought I was fatter than all my friends.
- I love watching what I eat in a day videos, or sitting with my grandma in the morning while I visiting Korea watching tv shows that talk about the best superfoods, best exercises, best healthy practices.
- The one thing I hate about traveling is the airplane food. Although Korean air’s food is it that bad.
- My mom banned juice in the house when I was in fourth grade so our family could be healthier.
- My mom also banned me from eating peanut butter.
- My mom never let me eat cup ramen. We had no instant ramen at home. In my life time so far, I’ve had ramen THREE times only.
- In my childhood, my breakfast was the Cinnamon Toast Crunch from Panera.
- I never drink milk while growing up because my mom did it trust even the organic mills that they did NOT use hormones for their cows. (Yeah, my mom’s a pretty big health freak too).
- I hate mint anything. Mint chocolate chip ice cream, mint tea, mint … anything
- The same goes for chocolate. It’s just too sweet. So no chocolate bars, no chocolate cakes, no chocolate ice cream for me.
- I started this blog with serena during our 2015 thanksgiving break. And I’ve been loving every second of it! Thanks for all the love ad support!
Do you have any things in common with me?